Saturday 14 September 2013

When your too tired to run...run some more!!

So the weather has turned..summer is over and along comes the rain...should be sad right?
Well im not. Im actually looking forward to my forest trail runs with some mud!

That said in a few short days Ill be running my next moment of madness ; )

Sat 21st Sept is Nuclear Blackout. This could possibly be my toughest challenge so far. Nuclear Blackout is a 5k obstacle course endurance race..IN THE DARK!!!!

The race starts just before sunset and we have 2 hours to complete as many laps as possible. I dont know  the course layout but its on the same land as Lactic Fallout I ran in May. The course will be shorter but we have had confirmed it will contain 2 water obstacles!!!!

This will be be possibly the longest race too...got a feeling im going to need to push hard on this one. Pace will be everything. Ive been working hard on this on my last few runs to try and keep a constant yet manageable speed. Not as easy as it sounds!

Well apart from pace there are still the obstacles and of course the dark. Im starting to realise this race could be a struggle mentally as well as physically. Need to keep a beady eye on the ground concentrating for 2 hours will take its toll.

My plan is a slow and steady first lap meaning by lap 2 I'll know whats coming. Where to push and where I can use obstacles or terrain to recover. (Haha obstacles to recover who am I kidding!)

Got a feeling im gonna hit the wall by lap 2...when im tired of running. ..im gonna have to run some more ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment