Friday 20 September 2013

Body was willing, mind was struggling

Today was an early morning training session with Phil. Up at 5.30 warming up in gym by 6.15.

Something didnt feel right. I was aware Id had a disrupted nights sleep, a stressful day on Thursday and a "to do" list overflowing waiting for me at work that I was VERY aware of.

Ive started to realise as I develop and understand the M.E.T phylosphy but training really isnt just about the body being able. Body and mind must be in tune.

Well this morning the body was at the gym but in truth the mind wasnt as eager. Why? Today was my favourite workout B?

The last session had been strong, so why did I struggle before Id even lifted a kettle bell? During the warm up stretches, I just didnt feel...well right.

I pushed on and managed 4 sets with 20kg kettle bell, challenging supersets, and a cut down 30 second conditioning circuit...at the end I was annoyed and frustrated.

Up till now I have posted mostly positive blogs. But I'd always set out for these posts to be realistic. I contemplated not typing this post but ive been honest from the start of this journey.

I have challenges as an ostomist plus since my operation I've had hypersensitivity (think thats what they called it) in my thighs. Some damaged nerve endings during my operation. And well I forgot to take my meds last night. Well I actually ran out : ( I felt fluffy, off my game, not myself. Now I think I know why.

So I read on a blog fitness it isnt about relishing the positive workouts but dragging your arse back into the the gym after a bad session. Well im ready to get my arse back in the gym ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment