Friday 6 September 2013

Introduction

Over the last few months I have recieved a number of friend request and met alot of new people.  Many of these new friends are from the wider OCR community. We all have our own stories, our own reasons why we compete.  As technically I have increased the amount of people that may read this I thought I should share again why this journey began.

Well just over 8 years ago after years of suffering (and never knowing why!) I was diagnosed with colitus. Unfortunately less than 2 weeks later I was also told a tumor was found, so started my brief dance with Cancer.

What seemed like an enternity at the time was actually only 2 weeks before my date with the knife! In this time I had to come to terms with cancer and also find out at the age of 28 what the hell a stoma was!! I wont lie had some tough times in the last 6 years. Hit rock bottom, then sunk further! The support of my family, close friends and to be honest a serious stubborn streak dragged my sorry arse through the rough times.

Well although a tough few years my son has meant I NEED to be strong. I started to have some issues with stoma, regular leaks. My body shape had changed and I decided enough was enough!! I believe everything happens for a reason, I then met Phil Wilde a personal trainer. His regieme/philosophy suited seemed to suit my physical challenges. Whilst it has been my blood, sweat and tears without him this journey would never of started.

In my humble blogs I hope to share with you my training journey, the highs and the lows of being an Ostomist. If you can take some time to read some of my old blogs like "what is a stoma" Since the picture below (at tge start if my first OCR) I have competed in over a dozen OCRs and met so many great people. 


My journey over the last few years has been unpredictable...but I wouldn't change a thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment