Friday 7 March 2014

Shields to maximum

I've always said this posts would be a real reflection of my life. So far I have always tried to make them all positive but realistic. Well this week was a bit of a challenge. Shields were tested defenses at maximum


Monday was my follow up Colonoscopy. Last time wasnt a great success, this time wasnt much better. My remaining colon is severly inflamed. The procedure was again very uncomfortable and this time required a sedation :(

Biopsies were taken (I think)so now its just a waiting game for the results. In addition I have been perscribed some pretty strong Steriods to aid with the healing process.

A few days in and no major side effects except some light headedness during this weeks training session. I am hoping this is a combination of a stressful week and still getting over the procedure and sedation. Guess time will tell as I'm on a fairly high dosage for a week before dropping 1 tablet a week for 6 weeks!

What remained of Monday and Tuesday were a real test. Ill be honest I think Tuesday I was still a bit drugged! The results I saw on screen were not good. It gave me far too many flashbacks of my original tests 7 years ago that ultimately started this journey.

People often remind me how strong I have been or how they wouldnt be able to cope as well as I have. Those who know me also know I'm not and I haven't. The last 7 years, hell even the last 12 months have had some serious downs. I try not to focus on them but Id be lieing if I said they didnt exist and when I started this blog I promised myself I would be honest, brutally honest if required.

So learned a new phrase which I can now totally realate to. 'SCANXIETY' -  The anxiety that occurs while waiting for your scan results. So now starts the next phase...waiting




No comments:

Post a Comment