Friday 22 November 2013

Discipline is the bridge between goals and success

How true. Been a tough week didnt get to gym much even though I had every good intention.

Gym session 6 o'clock Thursday. It was cold, dark and wet, and I was shattered!! I was inches away from cancelling. I dragged my sorry ass to the gym and sat in the car. By this stage it was nice and warm. I nearly just curled up in the drivers seat and slept ; )

Luckily or unluckily (wasnt sure at the time) I had a session with Phil. So now excuses on I went.

We have been working on my squats the last few sessions trying to work on my lazy gluts ; ) Today was deadlifts. Warm up felt good as did first set. Then we started adding weight. I was managing sets of 8 with 86kg (bar=36 +50kg weights) Thats almost damn it my body weight!!!

God it felt good! I think Phil could see as when we finished what was usually the last set he made me push out another set. I walked away with legs like jelly but head held high with pride.

It may not sound like much but this is a milestone Ive secretly had for a while. From what ive read this is a good sign you training is going well. I needed this buzz because next was pull ups : (

We used a tension band to assist but they are still a PIG!! Finished the session with barely enough energy to make it back to the car!

Not the most exciting story but I wanted to share it as the title of this blog is spot on. I have my goals, some I share, some are personal. These are my dreams my ambitions but regardless of what you want to achieve, dedication when the going is tough is the only way to succeed.

Never give up, realise your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment