Monday 9 December 2013

Decembeard

So I havent posted for a few weeks now. It isn't not that I dont have anything to say or that nothing has happened, its actually the opposite!

The last few weeks have been very busy. I have finished the blog for Clinimed, started drafting some new blogs about life with a stoma and training is going well, oh and of course trying to still have time for my family! Its the time of the year when personal time is at a premium.

The one thing that I am doing at the moment is Decembeard. It is kinda like Movember but with full facial hair :) It for bowel cancer awareness so having an itchy face (especially my neck!!) and looking a bit trampy is a small price to pay.e As you can see below..progressing nicely.

Bowel Cancer awareness is something something I am very passionate about. especially over the last few months and already activities planned to accelerate this in  2014 ;)

Bowel Cancer is the UK's 2nd biggest cancer killer and 4th most common form of cancer. One person ever 13 minutes is diagnosed with bowel cancer and it claimed almost 16,000 people last year.

Examples of some shocking statistics right?

All my friends and family gave so much but if anyone wants to my extended just giving page is below : )

http://www.justgiving.com/scott-smith11

No comments:

Post a Comment