Wednesday 20 November 2013

2013 really is shaping up to be an awesome year!

Recent events have started making me pay attention to the concept of 'Karma'. Buddhists believe that whatever you do comes back to you, e.g. if you do something good, something good will happen to you, and vice versa. Simplified Good things always seem to happen to good people? A bit of a stretch I know, but recent events seem to suggest the existence of Karma.

As you should know the reason for starting this blog, apart from a strange type of theorapy for me, was to hopefully help others. Sharing the highs and lows of my life. I use the word help loosely as I not sure what a few words on a random blog can really do to help. Perhaps its more to give people hope, a light at the end of the tunnel. Guess Ill never really know if they do but so far responses have been very positive.

Anyway, since becoming involved with Beating Bowel Cancer charity and starting this blog things have really taken off. I have just submitted my first draft of a blog/review that will hopefully be used by one my appliance/stoma bag supplier. Im working on another couple for them and they have asked that one of them is a brief story and link to this blog. so hopefully some of my rambling may be of interest to other ostomists??

Ive been fortunate enough to have my story briefly highlighted in the local news. Beating Bowel Cancer assure me that this will raise awareness and this is half the battle. Im also awaiting confirmation but one of my pics is going to be used on the cover of their 2014 patient open day and a possible article in their 2014 patient magazine!!

Throughout Im being told by friends and people I've never really met that all these things are inspirational? Yes its 15mins of fame and of course its good for my ego. Whose EGO wouldn't like being told positive things. Well recent activities have been less about me and more about others. Im not asking for anything back. Im lovin my life at the moment and it does give me an enourmous sense of wellbeing It also forces me to keep up the madness, keep up the training as now I have others Id let down. Kinda like the sponsorship I received for Lactic. I had 810 reasons why I couldn't quit half way around. Why I had to finish the race ;)

This weekend we took my son as a family to Butlins to see the WWE Live tour. Jack is obsessed with the WWE. even as I type this blog he is sat at the table drawing a wrestling match with the biggest smile in his voice. Trust me he loves everything about the WWE. This weekend was a surprise. He knew we were going Butlins but it was halfway into the journey that we told him. One happy little boy to even see them Live.

When we checked in we were told that with merchandise purchased from the WWE shop their were 150 GOLDEN TICKETS, you know kinda like Willy Wonka ;). These tickets would admit the lucky winner to meet one of the WWE Superstars in person. It was also Daniel Bryan..Jacks favourite Superstar!

We didn't pay much attention as there were over 5000 people at the event this weekend. We got to our room then decided to go buy our t-shirts ready for Saturday night. Beat the queue. We went a little mad and bought a t-shirt each as well as a programme, spending a little more than we intended. As we walked away the vendor gave us a cheeky smile and mentioned a surprise. We opened the programme and a golden ticket fell out. Jack was going to meet his favourite WWE Superstar.


I think he was a little star struck but he didnt stop smiling the whole day :)


Maybe its just luck, maybe coincidence, maybe it is Karma? To be honest we will never know but I like to think Karma had a part to play ;)

This weekends has reminded me of one of the most important parts of my life, my family. They have been with me through the bad times and the worse times. This blog was started for all the reasons above to share the positives of life after Cancer, life with a stoma. Well they are my life and it doesnt get much better than this weekend. Another happy moment to add to an awesome 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment