Wednesday 19 February 2014

Welcome to my world!

2014 is turning into quite a line up already. Parliamentary reception, articles and front cover of Beating Bowel Cancer patient magazine. A recent visit to Clinimed ( my stoma bag suppliers) blog post coming soon ; )

Everyone jokes but its almost like a full time job!! Stil very honoured that my ramblings and experiences can help or even inspire others. With all the excitement and potential I dont want to forget why and how I started all this. For me, the last 12 months have improved my health. Im training 5 days a week now and lifting over my own bodyweight in squats and deadlifts!!!!

But thats not it I can honestly say that may be how it started but now I love these races. Lactic almost 12 months ago was when it all started. This was that catalyst, for my current journey. Training is the prep so I can complete these events (safely)

My aim for 2014 is to help where I can and raise awareness for bowel cancer and ostomists. I find the 2 impossible to seperate. 2014 is the year I feel like I can give something back. I wish I had access to the support groups like ostomy athletes lifestyle on facebook 7 years ago! Its a diverse group. Yes many posts are about sport, running etc. But it develops into far more than that. I have made new friends. Friends who understand how and why some days things get tough. Why I can feel down although to the rest of the world I look strong. I cant wait to meet some of these people at Thunder run in July!! They have helped more than they will ever know.

Perhaps its because my first mud run anniversary is coming closer, but reflecting has reminded me, yes these races are tough, but GOD THEY ARE FUN!!!

Its always been hard to explain what they actually are, so my lovely wife purchased me a waterproof camera for my bday...so now you can see what I see ; )

Below is my first attempt at the recent Nuclear Trial.  Welcome to my world, hope you enjoy 
 : )








No comments:

Post a Comment