Wednesday 15 January 2014

Deja-vu

Why is it when you buy a new car while you are waiting to take delivery all you see on the road is that exact make, model and colour. Well with my endoscopy annual check tommorrow all I seem to hear on the Tv or Radio is adverts about Cancer!

Don't get me wrong I am not against the publicity, far from it. This year my main goal of all my activities is to raise awareness. It just as per my last post this check up brings back far too many memories. (Anyone that has been touched by such an illness may agree with this next statement.) No matter how many times the doctors, nurses or other medical experts say it you never beleive that the Cancer has fully gone. I think its perhaps loss of faith in your body?

I know for me up until that point I hadn't really taken much notice of the noises or warning my body gave me, youthfull ignorance? Depending on my mental 'high' or 'low' days like tommorrow can be a real challenge. There is no logic to my concerns. No symptons that would suggest anything 'nasty' has returned. Although it is gauranteed tonights sleep and the time spent in the waiting room tommorrow a nagging thought will be bouncing around my head... WHAT IF??

I cant fault the NHS however, they are always polite and 'mostly' on time with their appointments. Its just there is also an aggonising wait of almost a week till I recieve a letter telling me 'all is ok'
As I just typed that sentance I could even feel my stomach turn at the thought of recieving 'that' letter.
I am sure all will be fine and whatever will be will be, Ill adapt, evolve and overcome, same as always ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment