Saturday 12 October 2013

Nemesis: An opponent that cannot be beaten or overcome

Todays session with Phil was full of surprises. It included my first deadlift session. I had been concerned since I saw this in my new regieme. My concern was that this excercise would strain my core too much. As always Phil was spot on. Getting the technique right was key. Dont get me wrong still defo engaged my core just not straining it. ; )

Technique still isnt perfect but managed to push out the sets. The final 2 sets at 75kg. Wasnt until I finished I realised this was only 10kg off my body weight!
Phil reassured me that if we were doing less reps and sets I would easily be lifting over my body weight. Made me feel good
: )

Surprisingly actually finished the deadlifts feeling kinda good.  Then superset... pull ups and military presses.

Pull ups are the one excercise I have always wanted to do. Yes they are flashy, but since I saw Phil perform level 2 (I think) M.E.T. pull ups and ladder pull ups (not sure on exact name but sounds good to me) They have always been a secret ambition of mine. They look so easy yet are so difficult to master. And now it was in one of my workout sets and I had to do 3 sets of 8??????

Well cant say I wasnt dissapointed,  but as expected couldn't really nail em. Used a box assist and they became a little easier. And trust me after that completing 3 sets of military presses were tough!

I had finnaly met my nemesis..............THE PULL UP!!!  

Got a feeling this will not be the last blog about my battle with pull ups.

The best thing about having a nemesis is the drive to defeat it......

No comments:

Post a Comment