Saturday 1 November 2014

A momentary lack of concentration

Tommorrow is Nuclear races biggest event of the year...FALLOUT. Its my home teams race, and I am going to miss it!


For no reason other than my own stupidity and bad luck.
Last Sunday half of the Nuclear team (yes I am part of a team, I did write a blog to post today but its become corrupted. So ill write again ASAP)

We took a team trip to Norwich and Mucky races Steeplechase. More of a cross country race rather than an obstacle heavy race. I had only entered to 5km with my fellow Nuker Tracey.


oh and tge team "van" is really impressive!!

The course had some challenges with some unfortunate bottle necks. So we decided to help and boost people over and encourage obvious 1st timers. After all its what us Nukers do :)

After about 3km I will be honest the bottle necks became frustrating. So as we came to the next obstacle I jumped in ready to step up my pace...not my best idea!




The water was far shallower and the terrain far more uneven than I had anticipated!
I landed badly :( immedately I felt a ping and pain.

I hobbled on for about another 1/2 km but when we reached the next marshall I listened to the signals my body was giving me. I stopped took off my shoe and POW! Immediate swelling.

No way I was going to hobble back to start so a 4x4 ambulance was required.  A tad embarrising but the medics were great checking that I hadnt done any serious injury
Fortunately my ego had taken more of a bettering than my ankle. Although I think youll agree the swelling was impressive!


By Wednesday I gave in and went to Minor injuries to get it properly looked at.  Good news no breaks or apparent ligament damage. I was sent hone with a smile and prescription for "man up" pills.


Good news..but bad news a bad sprain has put me out of Fallout. Gutted is an understatement! The event is lining up to be monumental.
So to support the team Im going to hobble around the events village and be there in spirit if  not running.


#LOVEMUD


No comments:

Post a Comment