Friday 20 June 2014

Man vs Flu....well a sinus infection anyway ;)

So I haven't blogged for almost 2 weeks now!  This has been down to life becoming a bit hectic and man flu progressing into a full blown sinus infection.

Its not only my blogging that has suffered but i haven't trained in almost 2 weeks too!  My head feels like it is going to explode. if you haven't had a sinus infection before...WOW  OUCH!!!!

Drugs are the answer and the antibiotics are now starting to make me feel more human.  I am hoping they are going to work their magic quicker.  Sunday is my next OCR event Back to the Trenches.  This could be the first event that I have booked that I may have to withdraw from. 12km may be just too much.  my head still feels like its not connected to the rest of my body.

The good news is at least now my head doesn't hurt as much.

in a number of blogs I have always said we need to listen to our body, well i am kinda going to listen to my own advice.

after work today i am going to try a quick run (only a few km) to see how my body feels. Then as this isn't my first Trenches run I am aware the course splits and I may downgrade my run to the 6km course rather than 12km. I'm not too happy in doing this but I really want to run and soooo badly want my 3rd Trenches medal!

so wish me luck its make or break time!

No comments:

Post a Comment