Friday 21 August 2015

We are all....Tea Bags????

So as some of you may know I had the luck of being asked to Abseil the Orbit Mital in The Olympic Park London a few weeks ago.

I was asked by Securicare as one of their resident bloggers.  Check out the blog I wrote for them all about the day:

Bowel Cancer, Adrenaline  & My Stoma
http://www.securicaremedical.co.uk/Menu/Securicare-Blog/ArtMID/15413/ArticleID/70/Bowel-Cancer-UK-abseiling-adrenaline-and-my-stoma.aspx

I was quite surprised on the lead up to the abseil. Many people who I considered to be adventurous said:

'you would never catch me doing that'  

People who in my opinion had far more confidence than I did.  Were far stronger physically than me?  Ill admit I have a fear of heights (well falling actually!) so for me this was probably the MOST extreme thing I had done sine my addiction to adrenaline. 

Side note: Is that it? Have I become an adrenaline junkie? Has my lack of bowel been replaced with an adrenaline addiction  ;) lol

It seems everyone has their 'limits' (as I mention in the blog for Securicare) beating Cancer and adapting to life with a stoma is what pushes me to continually challenge mine.

This has made me reflect on the last few years (youll notice I do alot of this!)  I recall alot of people commenting...............

"Im not sure I could cope with what you have been through"

or

"I don't now how you do it!"

The thing is I hope no one ever has to...

HOWEVER!

Never underestimate what you are capable of overcoming. So to explain the title of this blog. It is why:

We are all Tea Bags......None of us know how strong we are until we are in hot water!



No comments:

Post a Comment